Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Amphion, May 12, 2015.

1. Yo all..

After my last bike was stolen 12 or so years ago, I've finally managed to get another one.. It's a GS1100GK, same as the last one.. Bit of an impulse buy last night before the mrs could talk me out of it..

Hoping to get some tips on sorting it out for rego/rwc, as all my previous bike experience has been in Sydney and I'm now in Melb, basically starting from scratch with where to get gear/parts etc..

Any other GS1100GK owners west of Melb?
  2. Howdy & Welcome to NR! Good luck with getting the bike sorted out..
  3. Welcome Amphion, Can't help you much with the GS1100 specifically but more generally:

Victorian Motorcycle Wreckers - Good source of parts for older bikes, they are in Heidelberg West

VIA - Probably the cheapest around for Roadworthy certificates. They are in Preston.

Good luck with the project.
  4. G'day Amphion, welcome back to the world of two wheels. Mate 12 years without a bike would seem like an eternity. Once your missus gets on the back she'll be sweet (fingers crossed) and see why you enjoyed it back then and still do.
  5. Thanks for the welcomes..

I've found somewhere local that can do a RWC for $95, that's not too bad is it? Preston is a bit of a hike without reg/plates.. It looks like I'll be needing several things before then, rear tyre, tacho cable, some exhaust holes patched, carby clean, etc, so it might be a while before I have the budget for it all..

TBH, it's still on the trailer.. I had some help from the seller, as well as the use of their ramps, to get it on there.. Havn't been game to try to get it off by myself yet..
  6. Welcome to NR AmphionAmphion . $95 is not bad at all for a RWC.
  7. welcome to NR patience is key and dont take short cuts on safety items
  8. Welcome to NR...
  9. Nice taste in bike.(y)
  10. welcome aboard :]