Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

yo i'm a newb

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ramarjagreb, Jan 27, 2008.

1. hey all i'm a newb here. i ride an '03 CBR 954RR which I bought just before Christmas, have been riding since I was about 10 years old but haven't owned a bike since I moved to Australia in 2001, so kind of getting back on my feet (2 wheels) again.

Look forward to riding with you in the near future.
  2. Must be weird not riding for 6-7 years then jumping on a 03 CBR 954RR :shock:
  3. Welcome, nice bike :)
  4. hewwo and welcome
  5. Welcome. :wink:
    Nice bike in your garage. Whats the relationship to the Rocket 3?
  6. Welcome to Netrider, where up is down, down is up and the ground is still hard...... :( :LOL:.
  7. I thought that might be the case before I rode off, but it really wasn't bad. Back in Canada I had many different bikes as I grew older, the last being an R6. I always felt that the 600's were lacking in power after a while, and when I rode a mate's 929 once I remembered it being remarkably comfortable and light-weighted for such a big bike, thus influencing my purchase of the 954. I have to say, since I bought this bike I haven't looked back - it really is a great ride. For me, the secret isn't in how far you can roll the throttle, it's in knowing the boundaries of yourself and your machine. :grin:
  8. It's actually my mate's bike, he bought it about 2 months ago. That pic is from when we were out for a ride on the Great Ocean Road between Christmas and New Year. Nice ride, except that travelling down the coast during holidays is somewhat resemblant to riding in peak hour... :?
  9. hi and welcome
  10. Salutations from Canberra..
    Live long and Prosper. \\ //
  11. Howdy, welcome to NR. :grin:
  12. Welcome to NR.. :grin:

Mate you are in the next suburb from me.. :cool:
  13. Mate I think I've heard you rippin' down the freeway... my neighbour's got a Busa, maybe we should go for a rip sometime.