Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by subdaman, May 23, 2011.

1. Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
    Drink and the devil had done for the rest
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Well, the startling statistic is that 22% of the accidents on road are associated with motorcycles even though they account for 1% of the registered vehicles on-road --- the RTA instructor drilled this into us as we started off our course. He is trying to get us all to get the right posture and the right techniques...

My name is SUB and i have been trying hard to get all the basics right so that i do not become a statistic and i urge all fellow learner riders to do the same too...

I have inherited a suzuki vl250 intruder as i wish to continue down the cruiser way of things and am quite happy about it...

The first day of learner rider training has been quite productive so far but i will need a lot of practise so that i do not make mistakes...

I am quite happy that there is a forum like netrider that helps out newbies because i feel that getting the right techniques down to a pat and practising with someone around to point out your mistakes are very crucial to staying alive on the roads.. I am hoping to avail of the resources made available by the various members to become an excellent rider.

btw, my expertise is in computing, economics and start-ups, so anyone that needs help in those areas is welcome to approach me !
  2. hi mate. welcome.

ps. forget the statistics, its all a scam.

*puts on foil hat*
  3. Did someone say Rum??! All right then. When & Where! I'll bring some spicy grilled chicken and we are all set. :beer: But no drinking and driving on the L's.

Welcome to NR and I hope you love Rum as much as I do!

Ride Safe!
  4. Agh! That be rum. Enjoy your cruiser and your rum. In that order, preferably...

And welcome aboard, me hearty.
  5. arrrr, a piratical welcome here too arrr
  6. All I heard was 'rum'.

7. personally i like a nice single malt particularly an Islay and an Exhibicion no. 3 (cigar) ....

Good rum is a bit hard to find these days....

Thank you all for the warm welcome... just got my certificate of competence.. now onwards to the promised land!!

Jokes apart -- looking forward to getting a lot of practice -- correction : "Perfect practice" to get things down to a pat.... might hook up with one of the learner classes etc..
  8. :-k What do you mean ? There's no such thing. Even the really really rough stuff is still gooood.