Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

yipeeeee.....i got my L's today!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by cosmo_sydney, Jul 12, 2007.

1. just wanted to share that with you all. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
    after 10 years of faffing, i finally did it. now all i need is a bike. anyone got a honda spada they want to get sell? :p
    see you on the road (soon).

2. Gratz mate.

I still remember when I got my bike licence.....it's the best thing I ever did.

3. Congrats man!!!

see at the next Coffee meet - or this monday lol

btw, Action are having a sale on Shark Helmets - might grab one today :p
  4. Congrats mate
  5. congrats man. just be ez on the first corners
  6. :applause: Nice one mate! I might have one for rent :LOL:
  7. cheers guys. i feel like a little school boy at the lolli shop right now :grin:

yak, careful i may just take you up on that. im sure lara wouldn't mind having you all to herself anyway :LOL:
  8. Congrats mate!!! now to find you a bike! :LOL:
  9. duk35, thanks for the tip. on heading to action now :)
  10. WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. cosmo, where did you do the course I passed my course on Thursday at Rouse Hill, then the DKT at Castle Hill RTA on the Friday.
    I too have been waiting for more than 10 years aint it a great feeling :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  12. WELL DONE !!! and CONGRATS mate !!
  13. aus_dragon,
    i completed my pre-learners course at stay upright in clyde the week before last. then last week i went to mascot rta on my lunch break for the dkt (rkt?). the hard part now is holding back on buying a bike. its so tempting to buy the first thing i see but im taking my time to find the right one (mainly due to my budget limitations). its so close to finally getting a bike im actually loving the build up to it. its been a long time coming.
    have you got a bike yet?
  14. Let us know when you're interested in a purchase - we will help you come check it out :)
  15. I know I feel like christmas and birthdays all coming at once :LOL: :p . Hang on it was my birthday on friday when I got my L's :p :p :p That might explain it.

I agree totally that it is hard not to buy the first thing you see, I too am limited by budget - waiting for tax cheque to pay off old debts from the past year :oops: :grin: .

I sorta limited to the sub $3K range so my front runner at the moment is the honda spada, however I saw a ZZR250 the other day for the first time and my wife almost fainted so I know what she is going to be pushing for. The only problem I see when we are on our L's is Fairings+Drop=$$$$$$. Hence why I think I would prefer a naked.

How bout you what are you looking at getting??

Note: Not sure what the Clyde Stay Upright was like but the guys and gals at Rouse Hill Stay Upright are AWESOME. I am actually going to book in for some of their courses when I finally get my bike. It's definately where I am going to send my wife when she goes for her L's
  16. Excellent stuff - congrats Cosmo! 'tis the start of many adventures to come :grin:
  17. well my budget is slightly more modest than yours which really doesn't leave anything by way of choice. however i do have time (for now) so i'm holding off until that special deal comes about.

i have my eye on the honda spada. no-ones ever got anything wrong to say about this bike. plus i prefer the naked look anyway. but certainly from a cost perspective, fairings on a bike is an expensive option. having said that, it would be hard to say no to a cbr/zx2r if given the choice. :p

keep me posted when you finally get your bike. :)
  18. Agreed I don't think I have ever seen or heard anything bad about the Spada. And yes it is abit hard to say no to some of those faired bikes. Don't worry I can guarantte there will be a big post when I get my new baby!!! :LOL:
  19. How's the hunt going Cosmo? Have you taken any potential buys for a good spin yet? :grin: You're still welcome to have a play on the Spada if you like.