Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yew! Shoei helmets rock

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by vtr_rida, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Finally updated my motocross helmet today with a new Shoei item! Now i can go above 80 without my sunnies goin all over the place :grin: Quick question; what do you guys use to clean your helmet surface/visor??

2. water and a chamois for the helmet, dishwashing liquid on a soft cloth, rinse in cold water, chamois off for the the visor...
  3. Mr Sheen, not the Charlie or Martin type! :LOL:
    It has bug removing properties and leaves a great silicone wax residue, which helps keep bugs from sticking. Totally safe on visors too.
    The Lemon one smells the best.

Regards, Andrew.
  4. I found windex with a soft cloth / chamois for visor works beautiful.
  5. I use this one from the merchandise page :wink: :grin:
  6. Spot on there my friend..
  7. At the sunglass hut you can get a spray on lense cleaner and a cleaning cloth, get the large one. I use this to clean both helmet and visor, works great.
  8. I use the same but just on the visor, use just a damp sponge to clean the helmet surface.
  9. +1 for Mr Sheen.. I wonder if they were suprised to hear people were using their product on motorcycle fairings and visors, etc..

10. Mr Sheen for me too. Cleans both the helmet and the visor like new. I use it on the bike chrome (cruiser has heaps of chrome) and the paintwork. Bike looks almost brand new (2002 model). No negatives that I can see. Give it a go.
  11. Plexus Plastic Cleaner, Protectant and Polish, and a microfibre cloth.

I have a 198g (7.0oz) spray can of the stuff for use at home, and a small 12g (0.42oz) spray for on the road.
  12. Micro fibre cloth and good old H2O