Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yet another rider RIP

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Will, May 19, 2005.

1. It's with a sad heart I must tell of another brother down.
    Ashley Murphey 23 from Monbulk passed away after being knocked off his bike by a car last night.
    Apparantly hit head on by a drunk driver, killed instantly, never had a chance.
    Old school mate of my GF and the news has hit the small knit community up there hard
    Condolences to family and freinds, I sadly am comforting one tonight.

Theres just too many of our own dying for what they love, it's time to take on this road toll. As has been mentioned in similar threads we are just as important as an innocent driver or pedestrian.
    Also as was mentioned in another thread a minutes silence at the toy run...goose bumps just thinking about it
    Ride safe and take care all

2. My condolences to his family and friends.

3. Really sad to hear this.

My condolence to family and friends.

Any details of action against said drunk driver?

Brian

4. My thoughts to him and his family.

Makes you question our (riders) sainity doesn't it... stay safe everyone.

5. 23 years old how sad his whole life ahead of him! Hope justice prevails! Condolences to family & friends, for what it's worth! Maybe it's time for an awareness ride!

6. Condolences to family and friends.
    Just another reminder of how fragile we all are.
    Let us be carefull out there!
    Domenico

7. our thoughts are with family and friends during these tough times.
    Roberts Clan

8. this is terrible
    I hate these threads
    another rider lost
    2 in two days (per the threads here ) :(

condolences

RIP

9. Nothing worse for a parent than having to bury your own children.........condolences to all.

Jeff

10. Another stupid drunk driver strikes again....

My thoughts are with ashley, his family and friends

11. Drink drivers are the lowest form of scum on the road. If there's in anyone that deserve's the worst our justice system can throw at them, it's these people.

Condolances to family and friends :(

12. such sad news for such a young guy. Condolances to family and friends

13. Sorry to here about this, condolances to family and friends.

14. its not good to hear of another bike rider down,its been a bad year for two wheelers with the death toll.
    i understand that car drivers r fU##

15. Not again!

My condolences to Ashleys' friends and family...hope the drunk driver gets what's coming a reminder to all of you to please stay safe and be careful.

PS: I read skuffy's post re: a moments silence how would we go about organising a huge ride in memory of fellow riders who have been killed on the roads...

16. Condolences to all family and friends concerned.

This would be a good idea, to get all motocyclists to show unity in memory of the fallen, no matter what you ride or what the political views are, whether you are a Netrider, a Ulyssian, a Patriot, a VMU, or MRAA member, a sportsbike, a harley, a learner or a postie rider, one ride uniting everyone...difficult to organise and maybe a dream...but it should happen

17. https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6797

i just cant figure it you shoot someone you go to jail. but if you have a few drinks then jump in the car and kill someone you loose your licence, cop a fine and get some piddley driving charges akin to a slap on the wrist.

sure you have to live with the fact you killed someone but you made the choice to drink drive.

drink driving is still far too acceptable by the public…

my heart goes out to the family, i know how they may be feeling :cry:

18. :cry: A fellow biker sending his condolences out to another manslaughtered fellow biker, his family and friends.

R.I.P.

19. RIP :(

This is really upsetting, I mean it. What the hell is going on out there ? Are we a society slowly going mad, or just not caring as much for one another anymore ? This poor kid has lost his life, his family and friends have to suufer the pain of that loss for as long as they all live. And as for this drunk driver, I bet he/she's feeling pretty sorry for him/herself right now. It will affect the drivers life forever as well, and rightly so.

Stupid stupid stupid, and all so totally unecessary !!!

20. I made this comment the other day. It's people's attitude towards driving/riding in general that sucks. People think nothing of i) drink driving ii) driving while unlicenced, iii) voluntary speeding etc.

Look at the case last night where the car hit a wall and knocked it over onto some primary school kids in Dandenong:
    31 y.o driver, displaying P plates, exceeding BAC and driving while unlicenced while waiting to answer charges relating too a previous exceeding BAC limit.
    It's all attitude.