Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yet another Newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Bec, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Hi all,

My name is Bec. I hail from Canberra. I have had my learner since late October 07 but an yet to get a bike and actually ride on the roads. Although I have all my gear jacket, jeans, gloves, boot and helmet.

I'm getting a CBR250RR from a friend of a friend. It will finally arrive next week, but I will be in Sydney that week :( so will have to wait.

However I have been told by other friends that i wont be comfortable on this bike as its for tiny people and I'm by no means tiny lol...

So I've test ridden two cruisers ( i really love cruisers) i rode the Hyosung 650 and also the Honda Shadow spirit 750c2, So if I don't like the ride of the 250 ill be out to CMC to get me a sexy Blue Honda Shadow..

Well enough about me.. need to get out there and start reading up on bikes lol.
  2. Welcome. I'm 6 foot, and whilst the cbr feels quite tiny under me, its not stupidly uncomfortable or anything. If you get your posture and weighting right, you can ride a sportsbike all day, you'll be right.

Just make sure you check out the condition of your friends bike properly, the one I saw today was sold to him from a friend, but it was in quite bad condition, to the extent that it seems his friend royally ripped him off.
  3. Hey Phizog,

Thanks for the welcome....

Stupid question but what should one look for to make sure the bike is ok??>?
  4. howdy bec and welcome
    all i could say is take the bike to repatle bike mechanic and juast ask them to inspect it
  5. MIA

Well How rude Am I. I join up stick in two posts and then disappear lol..

Im still waiting for my CBR250rr to arrive and i got over waiting so went out and brought the Kerminator hes a Kawaka VN900 Custom in Kermit green... with some after market pipes :grin: :grin: :grin:

Ive had him for a month now and have done about 1600km we had our 1000km service a couple of weeks ago.

Although I have come to realize that there is no way on gods green earth that im gonna get that beast to complete the bloody u turn for my P's test so really hanging out for the CBR to arrive so i can practice and go for my P's and not have to worry about the 80km thing every time i go into NSW.

6. hi and welcome.. enjoy ur cbr250rr :grin:
  7. [​IMG] Welcome back to NR :cool: