Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yet another newb.....

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by I'm Simon, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Hi all...

Stumbled upon this site a few days ago and must say it is one of the friendliest and most informative forums I have ever seen.

After spending alot of years on dirt bikes in my younger years I decided that I wanted to get back on a bike so have booked in for my L's on 30th September, yeah I know, Grand Final day in Melbourne... but I will hopefully be done by 2pm so its all good. :grin: My wife has decided that I am going through a mid life crisis :LOL:

Anyhoo... looking forward to chatting to you all and hopefully picking your brains about the bike that I buy, I am kinda leaning towards a Spada at the moment. Think I will visit Sumoto and just sit on alot of bikes to find the right fit ... and then buy privately.

2. :LOL: I did my learners test on Grand Final day myself, did my licence test on the following Grand Final Day too. Welcome to the forums Simon and good luck with the licence and bike hunting :).
  3. good luck! :grin: :grin: :grin:
  4. Sweet, good to have you aboard Hopper.
  5. welcome to the forums!
  6. Good luck and welcome Simon. Your buying startegy and choice of bike sound good, but many get too impatient waiting for the right bike to appear on the 2nd hand market (it ain't like buying a Corolla with 100s on offer every week).

Look elsewhere on site for buying tips on grey imports- as most Spadas will be.
  7. What a cute litte newbie. Let's keep him. :)

And welcome to netrider. :)
  8. Welcome Hopper....

"honestly, he just followed me home! - we'll look after him real well - promise"

9. Fine, but you're cleaning up after him.
  10. Good on ya.
    And welcome.
  11. I will. And I'll feed him and walk him and take real good care of him. Honest, I will. :LOL:
  12. Thanks for the advice, I know what you mean. I really want to get on a bike as soon as possible, but realise that I have got to be patient.

Thanks for the welcome everyone !
  13. Going for my "L's" at Stay Upright at Hoppers Crossing, anyone else been there , what can I expect ?

14. You'll have two parts to do Hopper . The skills test will be o.k. just listen to your instructors , what they say will help you through. The theory is not bad but remember that the "test yourself " questions in the book aren't the same level as the test ( test is harder). Read the book twice and you should be fine.
    If you have any other problems give me a yell at work on 97069733 I'll answer any other questions you have. Good luck!

cheers Michael

P.S. I'm the Chief Instructor at Motorcycle Training Academy
  15. Welcome Hopper and good luck on your bike hunting.
  16. Hi again Hopper , just read the bit about the Spada. If you like them and have a bit more money you'll love the VTR they're an updated version of the Spada. Both great bikes.The VTR ,with a set of after market pipes end up sounding like a Ducati 600 Monster! :)

cheers Michael
  17. Thanks for the heads up Michael, some great advice there, and thanks for the offer of calling if I have any questions - that is really kind of you.
  18. Welcome to the forum. :)
  19. Welcome Hopper, hope you find lots of helpful stuff on netrider.
    And if Michael is offering lots of help take him up on the offer...
    it's always good to have someone point out what you can improve on.

Shan: somebody stole your monkey?
  20. The monkey needed a holiday; I starting to worry about its mental state beacuse it was always rocking back and forth. :grin: