Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yet another Newb...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Tone2, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Hi All,

Another newb who has been trawling your pages over the last week or two, getting lots of interesting tips and tricks. I'm also re-discovering bikes in mid-life - I grew up with bikes on a farm, but haven't really ridden for 25 years. I'm booked into a pre-learner course on Wed/Thurs at Rouse Hill (Sydney), and will do the RTA test on Friday.

I'm looking to get a Cruiser - the Yamaha XVS650A Classic has my eye. Not all that interested in speed for its own sake, cruising appeals. Not that I want to be a snail either though...

Looking forward to maybe attending some learner activities at Homebush, too.

2. Hey Tone2 - welcome to NR, and all the best for your course and the test on Friday :)

3. G'day Tone, welcome back. All the best. Take it easy, mate. The bikes are better but I'm not so sure about us. LOL.
  4. Thanks for the welcome!
  5. Welcome to NR. I recently got back into riding as well and bought the Custom version of Yamaha V-Star. I liked the Classic but the available colors were not to my liking.

I just love the bike and have already clocked up 5700 Kms in the (almost) 12 weeks I've had it. :D

Good choice there as they are great bikes. Remember to post pics when you get it.
  6. Welcome to the forums Tone2. I did my Learners and MOST at Rouse Hill this year. Nice bunch of guys out there. Good luck :)
  7. Well the pre-learners at Rouse Hill was great (although pretty wet and cold yesterday) and I got my licence today at the RTA. My bike arrived Wed night - second hand V-Star 650 Classic, see below. All that's left is to get my gear tomorrow and hopefully Sydney dries up a bit so I can go for a ride - or we start building an ark....

Attached Files:

8. Welcome to NR, I had an 02 classic in the silver and blue scheme, loved 'Delilah' as my youngest son named her, she was only replaced as I wanted more 'flick and faster stop' but that was due to my lack of riding experience. They a great bike, very reliable, comfy and a screen wouldnt go astray [you may find] out on the highways anyway.
    Enjoy the ride!! :)
  9. Cool Bike! :) Enjoy.
  10. Welcome Tone. probably not the easiest bike to do the MOST on, but I'm sure you'll do well with practice.
  11. welcome tone.
  12. yep, the wettest July in 61 years and YOU decide to buy a bike; nothing wrong with your timing :LOL:

Welcome to Netrider, and the roads, the rain WILL stop, honestly