Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yet another new user

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Megan311, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Hope everyone is having a good day.

I'm Megan, looking to get my first motorbike this week (Just trying to sort the finance side out with the banks!) I am interested in Yamaha Zeals, they are a great little bike and I'm having trouble finding one in Sydney (maybe I'm looking in the wrong places). I have located one for 5990 in bike shop (the price difference between private and traders is amazing)
    and that's about all I can tell you about myself.

Any questions, ask! :)

2. The Zeal is a cool little bike. I understand Yamaha stopped making them because they were specced too high and costing too much to make.

If you can't find one, the VTR250 is a good little bike too.

Welcome, hope you have fun.

3. If you're trying to save some money, think about a Honda Spada, similar to the Zeal and the VTR, a bit older, but built like a brick s*@t-house and about $2-3k cheaper. You should be able to find one freshly imported from Japan for just under $4k.

Whereabouts in Sydney are you?

4. Welcome to the friendly forum, megan! My nephew has a Zeal, but because he lives in Sydney and only comes home for special occasions, I've never had an opportunity to talk to him about it.

There are a few Zeals listed here http://snipurl.com/kisl, including one in Mortdale for $4990.

let us know how you go, and if you need some help, be sure to say so, lots of us would be happy to inspect, advise, prod and poke on your behalf....

5. Great, nice to meet you all!

I've sat on the VTR and it's too big for me, I'm 5'2 with the shortest legs i've ever seen. Not too keen on it anyhow.

I get the shits with every bloody bike salesman trying to sell me NSRs.

I'm here to learn more about bikes, at present I'm pretty clueless but very interested.

Spada? I've seen them and they look like a tidy little bike, I've got my heart set on a Zeal though. It's criminal what some bike shops charge!

Thanks for the links

6. I like the yellow zeal on there for sale. Sweet little bike. This bike that I'm trying to purchase has been dropped, it's plain to see. Only tiny marks but still enough for me to be a little stressed about it, paying 5900 and all.

7. Hi Megan, welcome and happy bike-shopping! :)

8. Hi Megan311 , welcome .

9. g'day Megan

welcome !! biking is the best.. make sure you take your time picking a bike.

10. Hi Megan, welcome to the forums and good luck with your bike purchase :D

11. Welcome megan, have fun on the forums.

12. Hi Megan!

For price guidelines, look at

www.redbook.com.au

That will give you an idea of the prices that bikes sell for.
    eg, a 2000 Zeal in exellent condition is worth around $4300

Given that the bike you looked at is crash damaged, and you'll probably need to spend up to $1000 fixing it after you buy it, id steer clear of that dealer.

There are far better deals around, even in victoria.

13. Welcome aboard Megan

14. Hi Megan. Good luck with finding a bike. Yes, the Zeal is a tidy little machine. You should be happy with that choice. A few netriders have them and really like them. :D

15. WAHOO! another Sydney rider :D at this rate we'll soon be overtaking the cars and they'll have to give us more parking spaces ;)

16. Welcome to the forums, enjoy.

17.  Top
  18. What a cynical person you are, Kaer :)

19. so what are you trying to say? that this forum is loaded with horny blokes who want to meet women??

I honestly didn't see the other post as I was scanning quickly, so hey Brett ;)

20. welcome aboard !!! :D