Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yet another new rider... in nsw

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by picorat, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Hi,

Just thought I'd say hi too... ;)

I'll be doing my pre-learner course over 2 days from tomorrow onwards. I'm still a little confused about the difference btw L and P plates. Uh, are there any differences to begin with? Sorry if I sound a little ignorant but I don't seem to be able to spot any differences in the Learner Rider Handbook.

Will it be too soon to get a bike right after I pass my L's? I'm still very undecided on which bike to get, and really quite lost about where to start.

Any help would be appreciated!
  2. Probably only the colour. Not too familiar with NSW though.
  3. Hey picorat, welcome!!

BUY A HONDA VTR250 - they're ace!!

Not sure on nsw law, sorry.....

No idea about the power to weight ratio law either, just in case you wanted something bigger than a 250cc

Plenty of threads in the Bike Reviews section to check out, might help you out a bit.

Good luck with the course - piece of pie!!
  4. Hi Picorat! Welcome to the forums!!

:D :D :D
  5. ;) I was thinking more along the lines of a CB400. Uh, dosen't seem to be a very popular bike, i could only find 2 2nd hands on the trading post. Looking for a road bike kindda bike, one that's easy to ride and handle.

But so far I've only been looking at the honda range, coz' that's the only brand familiar to a car driver, so... ;) anyway i'm sure it's a pretty good brand, most of my friends have had a honda of some kind at some time of their biking life, and it seems reliable, so i guess i won't go very wrong with it.

Oh yes, does anyone know where to get kitted up in nsw? helmets etc etc...