Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

yet another bike servicing question

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by nobby, Jan 10, 2006.

1. OK...... My brand spankin new ZZR600 is due for it's first 1000km service....it took me a month cause I had to paint the bloody house over the Christmas break alright!

Do I take it back to the dealer and a mechanic I don't know, just so the book can get a dealers stamp?

Do I take it to a mechanic I trust?

Would it make a difference to you if you were buying a used bike, if the book was signed by a kawasaki dealer or signed by a qualified spanner man or woman?

Must admit I will probably go to Pete's Pitstop in Hallam because I do trust him, but just interested in peoples opinions.

2. If it is under a manufacturers warranty then I would check the conditions of the warranty. That would be your best give.
  3. For a new bike a dealers stamp would do it for me. But a bike out of warranty would be different. :grin:
  4. That looked really dodgy earlier. This thread was just under the "sex on motorcycles/have you tried it" thead. It looked something like:
    sex on motorcycles/have you tried it
    yet another bike servicing question

I think I have a filthy mind.

And yeah, check the terms of the warranty, I wouldn't want to invalidate it so soon.