Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yes, I am a moron........

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by bass_player, May 18, 2006.

1. Just thought I'd share a little bit of stupidity on my part. Late last night I was riding home from my sisters netball. As I came around a corner relatively hard I lost all forward momentum and heard a terrible grinding/crunching sound. So I pull over and click into first and try to take off. Same sound. So I try all other gears but the same thing happens. Shit Ive done the gearbox was my first thought. So I spent the next ten minutes looking at the bike, wondering how much this will cost me. I call my sister to give me a lift home and when she rocks up she says to me.

Why is the chain hanging down like that??????
  2. Doh!!!!!!

Someones been forgetting to tighten his chain
  3. Sorry but...............

Bwahahahahahaha :LOL: :p

Brightened up my day mate ;)

Reminds me of the girl i saw the other day pushing her pushbike along coz the chain had come off... I wondered how much of a technical genius was required to put it back on the cog and wind it around! :p
  4. Its not that I didn't know how to put it back on, im just pissed at myself for not noticing it in the first place!
  5. But she would have got her hands dirty :roll:
  6. you're lucky it didn't get caught on anything and then cause some real damage!! or make you come off or something...
  7. note to self: stop putting it off and oil & tighten chain
  8. no a moron... is some one who puts on a new chain and puts the clip the wrong way on...

Had a mate who decided to replace his chain using my tools... when he come back I noticed the link was on the wrong way... had a bit of a blue with him coz he is always right... lets just say we no longer keep in touch but I found out later he crashed the bike that day coz the chain come off!
  9. Turn lesbian, and a lot more men will probably be happier and thus less annoying to you! :LOL: :LOL: