Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yep - America Invades Again

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by duxrneet, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Hi Netriders,
    Finally got my CBR sorted and set up, I figured it's time to start learning the local roads. Moved from Denver Colorado 5 months ago or so and I ain't gonna leave. Love working on the bike and learning the the depths of the "hows" and "whys" of riding. Can lend a wrench or a hand if anyone needs. Took a 400k ride with the local motorcycle meetup.com group and, well, I just need more!
    See you on the road.

2. Welcome to the forum.

I spent a bit of time in Colorado as a kid. My main recollection are cars overturning in the snow and a gun range called "the firing line" where my dad walked in, hired half a dozen handguns and we spent a day learning how to load and fire them.
  3. welcome in mate :)
  4. Hi and welcome to NR
  5. Welcome to Netrider :)

Since I don't participate in anti-social networking, what sort of bike do you own?
  6. G'day Adrian and welcome to Netrider mate (y)
  7. Thanks for the welcome!
    I ride an 87 CBR 600. It's a cool little bike with pretty low K's that I picked up for near nothing. It's plenty quick, I can assure you, and it's actually comfortable, ratty fairings and all.

FYI, those photo albums can be viewed by anyone (ya don't need to be a Facebooker. Go on, try clicking on it - I dare ya!) :D
  8. Sounds like you enjoyed some of the best parts of Colorado! You should feel blessed :D
  9. We did and I do.

Around Boulder and up in the mountains was some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen.
  10. Hey Adrian, welcome to the nuthouse ;)

If you haven't already, you should try make a Tuesday night or Thursday night ride to meet some great guys to go riding with.

Also, tomorrow night is Bikemart shopping night 18th Aug

Hope you get what you are looking for here and might see you out on the road sometime?

11. Sounds nice! I could use an unwind after work. I'll be coming by the shopping night tomorrow, I think and maybe a Thursday eve ride will be in order.
  12. Welcome onboard Adrian : )
  13. hehe, thats one way of putting it...

It works a treat for getting uni work done though (seriously)
  14. Welcome Aidy!