Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yellow Suzuki Across on eBay

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by mipearson, Apr 6, 2005.

1. I don't blame you, I like the colour yellow and the Across looks pretty good IMO. :)

:D :D
  2. A banana-coloured handbag, the must-have accessory for this Winter season's girl-about-town. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :p

Does it come with matching shoes? 8) :D
  3. i have to agree with deyago , it looks like a rolling bananna. :oops:

becarefull though
    20,000 kms " bit dodgey" , its a 91 model and its done less than 1800 km per year , more like 120,000 or the speedos been rolled back during its life .

also yellow , non orginal stickers , blinkers etc , so it most likel;y been chucked doen the road .

othrehand , colour of the bike means nothing , a bike is a bike , so if you want to get it , and yellows your thing , go for it .
  4. Yeah, taking a better look at the ad, I reckon it's a dodgy.

There's oil underneath the bike in the second picture.

Pretty funny, though, and the current bid price is right. If I had $2k spare I'd probably risk it, but I don't.
  5. Same mirrors as my grey import 91 Across, different from most other Across's I've seen. The mounts, bolts and general wear of the mirror looks identical to the rest of the bike, so I doubt mine are after market.
    Indicators are also the same.. I guess it's a grey import that's been "bananafied".

Mine had only done 16,500k's when I bought it in Jan this year. I have no reason to believe it's done more.
    A fair few of these bikes have only been used for learner testing, P's etc. and a bit of commuting while waiting for the chance to go unrestricted, so low K's is quite feasable, esp for a grey import, the Japanese just don't do teh mileage we take as normal.

Grey import bikes are similar to grey import cars, low mileage and good condition due to the laws in Japan, it just is not economically feasable to keep a vehicle for more than couple of years, resale value is nil.

But that does look a tad dodgey. Yellow, white with black/grey wheels.
    Almost as bad as teal :shock: (cop that Gromit :p )

Is it B1 or B2?

6. I could always swap a couple of the fairings from my '96 Across - nice yellow / black bike ;)
  7. No way mipearson, black is teh only decent colour for an Across... or any other bike for that matter. :wink:

8. I guess black is fine if you have a stealthy and devious nature. :LOL: :p

My preferred Across colours are red or teal. Yellow is just...wrong. :shock:
  9. I did my Duck ID test before the start of the season and Teal is a type of Duck not a colour. And yep, you are allowed to shoot them, might be safer to stick with yellow I think.

What the hell sort of colour is teal???
  10. Think a yellow bike is crap? Have you people not seen Kill Bill? :p
  11. I have a red Acreoss... if you want I can paint it yellow...
  12. Yeah but it's not the bike, it's who's on it that counted, and there's one banana I wouldn't mind peeling out of her yellow leathers :LOL: :p :LOL:
  13. Hmmm....banana split with lots of topping =P~
  14. According to wikipedia:

"Teal is a bluish-green color, with more green than cyan and hence darker. This color gets its name from the colour of the wings of the teal bird."

Quack! :LOL:

15. Sadly I have seen Kill Bill (1), it has the dubious honour of being the only film I have ever fallen asleep watching (at a Cinema)

Hey Gromit I'm devious for sure :twisted: , and about as steathly as a 110 kg lump can be :?

16. Theres an old saying

"You dress a bag of sh!t up, but its still a bag of SH!T inside :shock: :p :p :p

Cheers 8)
  17. My Across isn't really my bike at all. It's Steve Bracks's bike, since he's the bugger that won't let me buy a mid-sized LAMS contender as a new rider.

But really, what are the 2nd-hand sub-260cc options if you:

- don't want a cruiser or a chook-chaser, and

- don't want to be a Babyblade rider on a wannabe racebike with a paintjob like a tart's handbag?

I'd have settled for a GPX, ZZR or an Across. The ZZR is the best looking of the 3, the GPX is cheapest, but the Across engine is much more fun to use. The engine's the heart and soul of a bike, so if I'm stuck with a 250 for a few months give me something that makes me smile occasionally.

Across jokes? Bring 'em on, baby! :LOL:
  18. ummm See Above :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  19. Dazza you forgot the rest of the quote:
    "You dress a bag of sh!t up, but its still a bag of SH!T inside even if it does have kawasaki badges on it " :wink: :LOL: