Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yeee haaaar -the countdown starts.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Roarin, Sep 22, 2005.

1. As of today its official (as far as I know anyway) Roarin is off to the shakey isles, land of the long white cloud, or New Zealand as some would say. With the flying 400 in tow. Money has changed hands. Maps have been consulted. (many thanks to glitch oz by the way) Plans are being formulated. Landing in Christchurch on the 29th of December. 4 weeks to see as much of the scenery as possible. Hell thats a long way off :D Calculations have started as to how many sets of tyres will be required :LOL: By crikey there are some pretty squiggly lines on those maps :LOL: Looks like perfect 400 territory to me :wink: If you're extremely lucky I might even scribble down some notes along the way. I can't promise any pickies however. Anyhows, thats enough rambling from me for the minute. Andrew

2. :D :D AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
    Glad it all worked out.
  3. Nice way to bring in the new year.
  4. Best map is the Hema NZ Road-Atlas...VERY detailed and not tooooo big.
    (RACV/ ~$28 )
    Also, if you want to have a look at a copy of the Peter Mitchell book "Great Escapes_50 best bike roads in NZ" I can lend you our copy for a while.
  5. Thanks glitch. That would be great. Must track down the Hema map book. Where would be the most likely place to find one? (the Hema book)
    Oops -who's the d!ckhead that never read the post properly :oops: