Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Year 2003 Hornet 250 fuel economy ???

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by lk_rider, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Hi guys,

I’m wiling to buy a year 2003 Hornet 250. I’m bit frustrated with fuel economy of the bike. Can any one provide the real fuel consumption details?

Thanks a lot !

LK Rider

2. Do you own the bike? Also you cant get a 2003 Honda Hornet in Australia, theyre 96/97 models at the latest maybe 98, it might be 2003 compliance...They're perfectly fine on fuel, pretty similar to a cbr250 as theyre pretty much the same engine but tuned for more midrange. My mate used to own one and he used to get around 180-220 from a tank before changing over to reserve.
    Edit: I just checked and the tank is 16 litres so yeah that is pretty avrg fuel economy, I can get over 300ks outta 15 litres on my zxr.
    Thought I'd add this in aswell, its an magazine review of grey imports and the hornet 250 is on of the bikes they tested, check out the links.
    I just copied the hornet related pages.