Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yay, we got our L's!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Omecle, Jan 25, 2008.

1. So yesterday my girlfriend and I went to Rider Bros. at Calder Park Raceway in Melbourne. We ended up having a blast and quite easily passing the tests -- they were fairly cool guys there.

Now comes the task of browsing the market for gear and a bike each. I am really interested in the 2007 GPX250's, but up for trying anything. What do you guys think of the VT250 Sparda's? My girlfriend saw a few and because of their seat height (she's 5'), she found them appealing.

2. Congratulations,

VTR250 is probably the most popular learner bike here, everyone raves about them
  3. I've heard a few people just under 5' who think the GPXs are too tall for them - so if you're getting the GPX remember you can't adjust the height of them easily (seat shaving and tall shoes...);
    Otherwise the GPXs are fantastic learner bikes.
  4. My first road bike was a Suzuki 250 Across, it was a good bike to me, i had no problems at all.

As for gear, i am in the process of ordering a Collins Monza Jacket and RS4 pants. They have introductry deals on at the moment approx. $750 for set (delivered) save $400. from what i can read on netrider they are good gear, i have seen a couple after a crash and all stitching stayed in touch.