Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by ktm250exc2003, Feb 6, 2013.

1. hey guys,
    so i found this bike on gumtree and for the price he is asking it is looking pretty good, but im a complete noob at motorbikes and have only been riding since mid last year, was wondering what you guys would think. does it look like a good deal, also how do i find out whether it is a stolen bike or not??

2. wow ebay* -.-
  3. i just bought it , thanks for the tip
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Of Course im not the Serious One
  5. Do a ravs check on the vin number.
  6. #6 cameronp, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    Does that tell you anything about stolen status? I thought REVS only told you if it had finance owing on it. I don't think it even tells you if it's been written-off, that's a different check (called WOVR in WA, dunno about the eastern states).

ETA: looks like the stolen vehicle database is called PPSR.
  7. well....the woman saw the thread title and immediately said nay....without knowing the question....and now has a red mark on her arm for being a fcuk and blowing into my armpit just to piss me off whilst typing...
    BEING MARRIED IS fcukING PAINFUL.....she keeps on laughing and saying CLAM CHOUDER ! and then trying to blow into my armpit again.

now...to the point....if it's your first bike and have no mechanical knowledge - carby issues are something i'd steer clear of....in saying that altho I havn't had one(the bike in question that is - I've had a few old 250's in the past few years.) - most of these old 250's would be fairly bulletproof and cheap to get fixed compared to some of the newer or bigger bikes....

i'd probably take it if I could haggle it down to 1k but other then that no.....that's just me personally....and I can't park a bike properly so take my advice lightly.
  8. Revs aka iRego whatever BS they call it now does it all... for the low low price now of $9. I would visit the bike first and confirm the VIN + Engine match what the owner has listed before wasting time checking those details.

Some questions for you
    • How much experience do you have?
    • Do you like Full Fairing bikes or Naked?
    • Is this going to be your daily ride or a "on the weekend" thing
    • How much are you looking at spending?
  9. Hmmmm,........ take someone with you that knows bikes,
    it looks a bit too tidy for me, considering the year and mileage........I'd be checking for possible prang damage........covered up
    Oh, and fork seals will cost you about $250 to get fixed unless you've got a mate,,,