Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yay! off my restrictions..

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by mr_messy, Apr 13, 2007.

1. :grin: :grin: :LOL: :LOL:

but I have no money to get a larger bike

:( :(
  2. congrats.

upgrades dont cost much cause d demand is low. 250 compolsary l plates so they're more expensive. your 250 is probably the same value as a second hand 600.

stump it up! :cool:
  3. +1
    i could sell my cbr 91 CBR250 and get a 98 R1
  4. I'd hurry up and sell it before any official announcement that Victoria is adopting LAMS then the 250 price will drop.
  5. I don't really see that happening in a majority sense. When they introduced LAMS in SA everyone thought the same thing would happen, but demand for 250's is still high, it may have dropped off for a few specific models, but the fact of the matter is most 250's are still the cheapest option of LAMS approved bikes. It may be possible to but a 1998 R1 for the same prices as a 1991 CBR250RR, but I don't see that likely to change, as demand for the R1 won't increase due to LAMS as it still won't be allowed to be ridden by learner riders, and the CBR250 is still one of the fastest and well known learner approved bikes, even with LAMS being implemented.

6. time to start selling drugs to rich kids

vit C
    and bags of orrigano
  7. Congrats :cool:

Well atleast you have a bike to ride! :LOL:
  8. Doesn't this mean that you can now take an '07 r1 for a test ride?
  9. Congrats ... must be the best feeling.! I cant wait to get off mine
  10. Congrats.

AS mentioned by others, selling the 250 will allow you to get a decently late model bike to replace it.

I wouldnt be rushing to jump on an R1 though... Even a mid 90's 600 Supersport is a massive jump that will "Warp my fragile little mind".

Luckily the mind recovers... usually. Except for the maniacal laughter.
  11. Well before my finacial issues, I had my eye on the ninja 636, gsxr600, gsxr750, zx10r and gsxr1000. They were all within my budget...errr...before the insurance. Well the 600s and the 750 would have.
    Then reality hit... having to park it on the street ('cos I have no garage space) is not safe at all. Read lots of threads about bikes being stolen.
    Also being a new bike it would mean I'd have to keep it clean...So simple yet I'm so lazy.

Anyway.. recently thought about bikes like the Suzuki SV1000s and the Kawasaki Z1000. A little cheaper and I'm guessing more forgiving as a daily ride.

But now I have to move and I'm broke from my holiday and I really want to go o/seas again. Stuff like that.

Sorry.. my point was I am stuck with my 250ninja.
  12. Congrats, good hunting on the upgrade. I'm trying to hold out to test the new z750 and z1000 before my final decision, but they look as though they are stils a few months away, so may not bother.
  13. I suppose I take for granted that I have only had my bike for about two months (CBR250RR) and at any time, on a whim, I can go for my unrestricted licence :p

The miniblade is more than enough for me, for now.

My upgrade is planned to an exact stage - 2006 Suzuki GSXR600. I'ma call her "Grace".

So sexy!