Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yay!! My scooter does 100kph

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by happy.grl, Feb 19, 2006.

1. I went for my first "real" ride today (not just to work) and after a couple of hours decided to take the quick way from the city to Kew which meant... the freeway.

A little apprehensive, and with Shaggy following to make sure I had no problems we went in... and the Bella went fine, a little slow getting from 80->100 (well, actually about 97), but the scooter was great.

Me on the other hand, let me just say that I am glad it was only 2 k's worth of ride and no-one was around to hear the screams (maybe a little exaggeration here)

Am I glad I went???? Yes.
    Will I do it again???? Yes

Soon???? Maybe not for a while.
  2. :LOL: :LOL:
    Congratulations sounds like you had fun, at least you know you won't be getting any speeding fines on the freeway :grin: :wink:
  3. ha ha , nice one , yes , freeways can be daunting
    i can do 110 if i sit close behind a big truck :LOL:
  4. A ton, eh?

Next thing it will be wheelies. stoppies and chicken strips.

The "Whooot!" factor at work.
  5. Don't forget to gear up :!:
  6. I'm working on the wheelies, but what's a chicken strip???

And how can I do one? :LOL:
  7. :grin: :grin: :grin: Happy grl
  8. My TGB 125cc Voodoo does about the same. I was once really scared of the thought of the freeways but since I had to use it to get to work on the Central Coast freeways, I had no option and to tell you the truth it scares me less than riding on normal roads! You have a lot more room to move. open freeway, sure trucks zoom past but as long as you realise you'll get a little gust of wind as they go past, you'll be fine. I also love zooming past trucks as we go up hills and they crawl up!