Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yay! Karma does exist.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Bogus69, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Heres a nice little story for a monday morning....
    This all took place in a 60km/h zone

On my way to work this morning I was stopped at the lights (head of the queue, middle lane of three). The left lane is supposed to merge 30M ahead so usually at this intersection no one uses the left lane unless they want to get ahead ;).
    This time there was a dude on my left and I thought to myself either he will try and merge behind me cos my bike will take off faster than him, or he will try it on to get in front.

When the lights changed I took off in a "normal" way. I didn't ring it in case he was doing the same, but I didn't go slow to encourage him in front either. What does he do? he stays with me. We get to the point where he has to merge or hit me so I roll off, get on the horn and flip him the bird.
    he is accelerating pretty hard still and must be in the area of 90-100Km/h but after a while settles at about 80 I reckon.
    I'm doing about 70 with a taxi next to and behind me a bit doing the same speed.

Then I see it.
    The nice new Holden "something fast" with 2 areials itching to get past the taxi in the lane next to me. I'm thinking Is that a mufti cop?
    the taxi slows enough for me to pull away from him and the cop changes lanes to be behind me, passes the taxi, pulls infront of the taxi and shoots of after the car driver.

It certainly put a huge smile on my face to see those mufti lights in the rear flashing when he was right behind the idiot who couldn't merge.
    And, I am soooo glad I chose to roll off the throttle instead of rolling on! :D

btw.
    Sorry for the long story and spellinjg mistokes. ;)

2. WOO HOO there is justice in the world, I just wish it could happen a little more often. So many on my way to work this morning yet not one red and blue light taxi around anywhere.

:):):):):):)

3. i saw someone getting done for not indicating when merging a couple of months back. i was on the pushy so i gave the copper a big thumbs up as i went past them :D

sometimes, these cops actually do the right thing :shock: :LOL:

4. Niiiiice! That'll keep a smile on your face today :LOL: .

5. Sweet. I love seeing idiots like that get their just desserts.

6. What an enjoyable way to start the day :D

7. WOW a cop when you need them.......... :shock: :shock: :shock:

HAS THIS WORLD GONE TOPSY TURVEY!?!?!?!
    :LOL: :LOL: :eek: :LOL: :eek: :LOL:

well at least he got the moron!!! 8) 8)

8. The really cool thing about it was that as soon as I had finished given this guy the bird, I was thinking "I wish there was a cop to see that"

Hahahahaha

edit:
    the speeding motorist, of course. Not me giving him the bird. :p

9. Nice to see some justice in the world. Those 2-into-1 or 3-into-1 intersections are always interesting especially when no-one is prepared to giveway. I've actually seen a car run off the road once since they weren't quick enough to get in front and the cars in the other lane closed up to prevent them from getting in (of course this is normal behaviour for Ballarat drivers).