Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yay I got a motorbike now!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by nightgash, Mar 13, 2007.

1. My account balance is zero now and my brother had to go halves to buy the bike. The bike is a very nice 93 FZR250 in Red Bull colours. 28,000kms on the clock and looked to be in excellent condition for its age.

Will post some pics soon as I don't have the bike yet as its doing a roadworthy before pickup.

Now to save up money for a helmet hahah

2. Congrats mate. Yeah post some pics.
    Be careful and have fun.
  3. Well done but wat about the rest of the gear????????
  4. Congrats on the new purchase... Keen to see the pics.

You can also spend some more money by clicking on that little yellow guy on the left to insure it too :p :grin: :grin:
  5. Congrat's nightgash!!!!
  6. Well done Nightgash, stay safe out there :grin:
  7. Congrats Mate!!

Try to take it a bit easy till you can sort some more gear out ay...

Have fun though :grin:
  8. Congrats!! that's a fast 250

That's when you pull out the old plastic. high interest rate here we come.
  9. Some people like the guy in the OP and myself probably cannot afford to buy gear straight off the bat .. I will be wearing my denim jeans & my denim woolen jacket..... thats all i have for protective gear.... im on a tight budget until i get myself a job... I still have to buy a helmet & riding gloves too... oh well it'll come soon enough :)
  10. Dont forget your best pair of thongs too.
    Hope you get it all in time.
    Good luck with your riding but really make gear your top priority. [end preach]
  11. ocngrats nightgash. rubber side down
  12. Don't worry everyone I will probably get all the gear within a month. I have been researching intensively the different gear I want to buy.

Helmet = AGV Stealth or KBC VR2
    Gloves = Something nice for around $100
    Boots = Sidi Br 2
    Jacket = Probably Dririder Nordic/cheap AGV leather jacket
    Pants = Black textile or cheap leather pants

I really wanted to save up more but the bike presented itself before I was really financially ready. I could have let it go but the deal was too good.
  13. So I guess the bike in your avatar isn't yours. VERY confusing!
  14. can't be his bike it has a nude chick posing !

15. Onya dude!
    Mine was the Malboro racing scheme.

Oooooh, she's calling me from the garage... she's lonely...

"Shaddaup before I crash you again!"

So yeah, if you're thinking of putting aftermarket indicators on it, can I have the front-left one?
  16. I wish it was my bike a Ducati 996!

Updating we will be picking the FZR250R up on Saturday. I should have some pics up and then will update this thread.

To give you an idea of what the colours look like this is a similar one I found on google.

17. congrats

the first ride on your own bike is probably one of the best feelings ever.

take care and have fun
  18. Hey congrats on your new bike!!!
    its a great feeling isnt it??

looking forward to seeing pictures

19. Well if went to get a roadworthy and came back with $450 worth of stuff that needed to be done. I'm not happy considering it passed roadworthy 3 months ago no problems. A lot of the stuff is very minor, like tightening chain, tidying electrical wires. Main concerns is the front mudguard is not secured properly (did the previous owner crash it hence the part) and it needs a rear mud flap. My dad said it wasn't worth the $450 so we are taking it home.

What are some good places to get a roadworthy done that won't ping you like tidying the electrical wires etc?
  20. You could go back to where it passed 3 months ago or you could fix it and know its right and not have to worry about being pulled over and THEN having to fix it.