Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

YAY got my 1st bike

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by dykeonbike, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Hey everyone. New to the forum. Decided to join up the other day. Didn't have a bike at that stage but was looking. Anyway was on my way to Nowra yesterday and decided to stop in at the bike shop there and have a look. Spotted a neat as little ZZR 250. Been looking for a nice little bike to learn on and this one really caught my eye. One lady owner, 14000kms, 2002 model, not a mark on it. Great colour too. It's white with like a silvery sort of colour and silver badging. Never seen the colour scheme before and neither had the dealer. They sold it to the chick new and had done all the servicing there. So now I just gotta get my L's and I will be out on the road in no time. Any tips for the L's test? Also I took a photo on my phone and now have it on the computer but I can't work out how to post it on here. Any help would be appreciated :grin:

2. Congrats on the bike. Sorry no tips for the L's as Vic and NSW have different courses (me thinks). Look on the partner discouts page of this site is where I would start.

3. Cool thanks anyway. Gotta make sure I get mine straight up cause my dad is going for his too. Don't want the old man showing me up hehe

4. Congrats on the purchace and welcome to the forums!
    Daz. :wink:

5. Hey congrats, and welcome to the forum.

Dante will be along soon to invite you to our get-together at Homebush Bay Brewery on next Tuesday night!! Even if you can't ride, come along, it's right next to the railway stn in the Olympic complex.

er, and can you tell us your name too?

6. dyke, you need to upload the pic to the net, then link it from where it is on the net in a post here.

Or you could email it to me and I'll do it for you

7. Congrats on your first bike!~! :grin:

8. yeah, sorry, CONGRATS on the ZZR - fantastic bike to learn on. Take of her and she'll take good care of you !

9. Hey hornet600 sounds good. By the way, my name is Shanel

10. Congrats the bike sounds like a beauty.

Try this site for the picture loading.

http://imageshack.us/

11. [img:320:240:56f4803316]http://trapdoor.darb.net/albums/General-Forum-Images/ZZR.jpg[/img:56f4803316]

12. That's my bike up there. Thanks heaps for putting that up. It's pretty crap quality. Was taken with my phone. Will have some better one's next week.

13. ahh the ZZZRRRRRR is always pretty in silver :grin:
    Nice one Shanel.

14. Never seen a silver one looks very cool.

Congrats on the ride you must be happy!

15. I like ya choice of ride.
    I too have never seen one in silver...very cool.

welcome to the fold :)

16. Hey guys thanks heaps for all the positive comments. Used to be a huge car fan and was a member of the Street Commodores forum. Sort of went off cars after my beast got stolen and once I realised the members of the forum were a bunch of dickheads. They have the whole "if you're a chick you don't know jack about cars" attitude. You guys have all been tops. Yeah I had never seen the colour scheme. Most people would have seen the blue and silver ZZR 250's buzzing around. This is silver where the blue is and white where the silver normally is with silver ZZR stickers. Really eye catching. Can't wait to get out on some netrider events and meet you all :grin:

17. Thats a really sweet looking bike, great for a first bike. looks the part. Now you can ride in the next Mardi Gras, not just sit on the back!!! YAY

18. Yep I have the blue and silver number... So far my ZZR hasnt given me too much trouble, but I am already looking forward to upgrading.

19. First bike I ever rode was a ZZR 250 so I have a bit of a soft spot for them. heard they are the best to learn on and parts and labour are pretty resasonable compared to all the CBR grey imports going around. Really looking forward to being a rider in next years parade.

20. Congrats on the first bike. Noice choice too!