Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yarra Ranges National Park?

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by darklightBoy, Sep 27, 2007.

1. I've been looking at roads to take for my trip in january, and came across the road through the Yarra Ranges NP on google maps (Sale to Warbuton via Jaimeson and Reefton). In my limited Tasmanian knowledge I believe part of this is the famous "Reefton Spur," however what about the rest of the road? Is it sealed, or gravel?

Google maps link for reference: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=Sale+victoria&daddr=jamieson+vic+to:Warburton,+VIC,+Australia&sll=-37.760944,146.505432&sspn=0.584098,1.109619&ie=UTF8&z=9&om=1[/url]

(btw can someone please tell me how to put link text in to save the length?)

2. Can't speak for Sale - Jamieson, but Jamieson - Reefton is definitely NOT sealed until you get to Cumberland Junction (the Marysville turnoff).
    Fairly long way to take a road bike. I don't think I would.
    A better bet might be go Moe - Noojee and then loop around through Reefton and back down the Black Spur via Marysville.
    OR (if you've got an extra day or so), Bairnsdale - Omeo - Mt Hotham - Mansfield - Alexandra - Black Spur :grin:
  3. link name :)

test sample