Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

YANBT (yet another 'new bike' thread)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by zenali, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Introducing the shiny new Honda CBR125R, in a rather dapper blue and white.

Thanks to everybody who helped me decide on this bike. It was a hard ask - finding a bike that was small enough for my wife to ride but still packs enough punch to get me to work and back trhough inner Melbourne traffic.

To the people who said (and still say) that I should have gone straight for a 250 cc or larger bike, I do understand why you think that a 125 is too small. I think that a 250 would be heaps of fun. But for now we only have room for one bike, and if Mrs Zenali is going to ride it she needs to be able to at least touch the ground. :) (At least until the levitating boots arrive...)

I have to say that it zips around the city just fine. I haven't made it to an 80 zone yet, but it scampers about through the inner city like a dream, which is all I really need.

Pretty picture below. As i said at the Southbank Friday night coffee last week - it's just like a real bike, only smaller. (And it wants to be a CBR1000 when it grows up!)

2. Must say it looks the dogs bollocks too

What What!!

Cam :grin: :grin: :grin:
  3. Grats, sounds like its working out well!
  4. Congrats to the three of you (you, Mrs Z and the bike!) - may you all be very happy together. ;)
  5. nice color scheme :)
    i ll keep an eye open for you around the city...i ride down to lonsdale almost every weekday for my uni :)

ride hard & ride safe :)
  6. Congrats !
    Also like the colour scheme
  7. Yes indeed, the colour scheme does rock!

(check my garage ;))
  8. congrats. better to get a 125 than a red scooter....ya heard?
  9. I did consider a scooter, given the kind of riding I'm doing. But I really don't like the way they feel or handle. I don't think that I could corner on a scooter like I will be able to corner on the cibby (one day...).

Love the CBR600RR, Dougz. That's what my little cibby wants to grow up to be. :)