Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha zeal fzx 250 kickstand down, no start

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Shmuli raskin, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Hi folks,
    A new issue has arisen.
    My Yamaha zeal 250 won't start when the kickstand is down and in neutral (light is on) . It IS supposed to turn on in this scenario.

Notes:
    - bike turns on with kickstand up and clutch in. Whether it is in gear or neutral as the clutch is in.
    - emergency switch is off
    - I've unscrewed the kickstand switch and it springs back and forth so it is working. Hence when the kickstand is up it turns on (with clutch in)
    - neutral light is on. I've disconnected the plug on the side (sky blue and white) and light turns off.

-where is the neutral swith?
    -perhaps it could be the cdi unit?
    -perhaps it is the rectifier?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
    Shmuli

2. Bike shuts off when kickstand is brought back down, in neutral, clutch out.

3. Not sure on the Zeal but the usual circuit has a Diode block as part of this interlock. If the bike shuts off when the stand is brought down it is probably not the switch and is further up the circuit.

4. I have a ninja z1000 2012 model with a neutral switch with a mind of its own. Neautral light off and clutch in it fires up stand down ffs wont go. I h3ar your pain.

5. Is there any way to check with a multimeter?
    Perhaps it's not grounding properly?

6. Yes you should be able to, I hunted around for a Zeal wiring diagram but couldn't find one. You may have on in the owners manual if you have it.