Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha YZF-R3

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by shannon85, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Hey everyone,

New to this forum, so apologies if I have repeated a previous post.

I am after some info on the YZF-R3

I am female and only 5'3" so the 780 seat height on the R3 is perfect for me as I can touch the ground comfortably and the sit position is great as appose to the GSX650f and the CBR500r I am on my tippee toes :(

I want to be able to do highway and freeway rides BUT I don't want the bike to be struggling at 110kph reving its brains out as it is only a 321cc. Being that I'm a lightweight i think i may have that as my advantage but i just want to clarify its performance out on the open roads.

Hope you guys and girls can shed some light.

2. I have a very strong feeling that you will not have any performance issues.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ohh thank you so much, I think this post has answered all of my questions.

I really appreciate your post reply.

- Shan
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Let us know how you get on if you buy the R3. I really like the look of it and it's a fair bit more powerful than my 250 (probably doesn't help that I'm a fat arse)
  5. image.

This is Scarlett.
    Scarlett is an r3, also.
    Scarlett carries me around. (110kg of pure muscle/non-muscle from too much Netflix and chill)
    Scarlett can hit 180kmh. (Allegedly, mr officer)

But in all seriousness haha - they're fantastic bikes. No problems whatsoever with highway speeds. Can effortlesly sit on 120kmh till the tank is empty. They're ridiculously nimble, which in turn makes them a pleasure to throw in to corners. 0-100 in under 5 secs, which is Ferrari speeds (the rest of the speed takes a little longer haha) and has plenty enough power to keep you entertained.

I've had mine for 7 months now and I haven't looked back. She'll have you scraping pegs in no time. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Well it seems photo uploads aren't working at the moment, but you get the idea. Pm if you need any more information about the bike!
  7. has enough grunt to do highway speeds.. if you feel the revs are a bit high, a sprocket change can bring revs lower/less annoyingly high
  8. #8 shannon85, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
    Scarlett is Such a grouse name for your bike, She's HOT

Thanks for your post, I'm now 100% happy with making the decision to buy with everyone's feed back and adaptable changes.

Excellent - Thanks for the heads up.