Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha YZF-R1 Prices (07-08)

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by conspiracytheorist, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Hey guys, a friend is looking at getting an R1 in the next very soon :)

Was wondering if anyone had an idea of how much you'd be paying (final, including on road costs, etc.) for an 07 model and also for an 08 model?

Any info would be great!

2. I think, perhaps you should ask the bike dealer.
  3. I know what they want to charge me, I'm more interested in the best deals out there.

Thanks though.
  4. The only way you'd really find out is to negotiate with different dealers. It's not like there's a listed "discount price" in Yamaha's books.
  5. If you were looking for a guide as to the sort of discount you could get on a car, i'd point you to Discount New Cars.

They are also working on Discount New Bikes, but unfortunately it is only in development as we speak.

Depends on their development schedule and your purchase time line I guess.
  6. Yeah I know, I was looking for someone to say "I just bought an 07/08 r1 and I got it for $xyz last month" :grin:
  7. Jared,

There around 20K including onroad for both 07 and 08 i believe the 08 is supposed to be sightly cheaper than the 07 ( yamaha marketing gimmick) but it will also depend on how well u can bargain if u want it cheaper
  8. Thanks for that, FYI he's just bought an 08 for 18.5k
  9. nice,

where did he purchase it from?