Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Yamaha XVS650 Classic Wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Gobberwart, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Gobberwart, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013

I'm in the market for a replacement for my recently written-off Yamaha XVS650 Classic, so if anyone has one that they're considering selling, trading in or otherwise disposing of, please let me know.

Ideally, I'd like to find something that matches the following criteria..
    • 2008 model or later
    • Less than 25,000 km
    • Recent service & full service history
    • At least 6 months Victorian rego
    • Vance & Hines Cruzer exhaust pipes
    • Lockable/easily removable saddle bags
    • Sissy bar/luggage rack
    • Highway bars
    • Wind shield
    • A colour other than black
    Price... negotiable, depending on the combination of the above, condition and how happy I feel about the whole thing. My maximum budget is less than the price of a new one with no extras, so let's work from there.

Send me a private message if you've got something you'd like to talk to me about.

2. Not at all choosy are you Gobbers? I see you have gone for another XVS 650. Didn't want to try anything small and cheap while you wait out your LAMS?
  3. If I can find another VStar that fills my requirements, I'll take it. Otherwise, I'll look around for something else.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gobber, how long do you have on your LAMS period left?
  5. At this stage, just over 10 months. I'm still a bit conflicted over whether it's worth getting another VStar 650 and keeping it for a few years or getting something cheap to just get me through LAMS and upgrading to something more permanent then, but I guess if the right one comes along at the right place, I'll have my answer, hence this post :)
  6. Good luck with the search.

If you don't find anything in the next 4 to 6 weeks, let me know. I will have my GPX250 that I will be unloading. If you are interested, it would be a tidy bike to see you through LAMS and relatively inexpensive.
  7. Pity you're not in Brisbane. I'm looking to sell/trade-in my blue 2010 classic due to it disagreeing with my back. Its done under 3700Ks of which I have only contributed 70. Good luck with the search.
  8. There you go Gobbers, a road trip!
  9. Double the mileage of the bike in one fell swoop! :D
  10. C'mon @Gobberwart, show them what you bought...
  11. #11 Gobberwart, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    LOL give me a chance! I only JUST got it and I was busy admiring all the shiny :)

I'll put up a post somewhere else with the details.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.