Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured yamaha xvs 650

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by bojo, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Gudday, I am test driving the above bike today and wondering if there is anything that needs to be looked out for with this model.

• Like Like x 1
  2. absolutly nothing mate, I have the 2010 classic and they are rock solid, 35k klms and all I have done is oil changes
  3. The clutch has a pretty small friction zone. Very small.

That's about the only thing I can fault on the bike.
  4. Cheers, will hopefully be riding by Saturday
  5. +1 to this. 2011 Custom model here and 35k kms done.
  6. Welcome Bojo,
    How was the test ride.
    Signed over your soul ?
  7. Gudday Steve. Yes I did. Was in great condition and had a set of pipes that will let the neighbours know that I'm coming! Will be picking it up Saturday morning after the roadworthy.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Good stuff. Pics will be needed.
  9. Great bike the VStar 650 for a big LAMS cruiser. Nothing much I could fault on them except as already mentioned the very small friction point in the clutch. There's an aftermarket replacement clutch lever available (called the Clevver) which makes a big difference if you find it annoying. Check out this thread https://netrider.net.au/threads/clutch-lever-modification-xvs650-classic.125485/

Probably the only other minor gripe I had with mine was the gear ratios. I reckon third and fourth could have been a bit longer, letting the bike cruise nicely and rumble along at 100kmh in fifth, rather than rev its tits off. But then it probably wouldn't be classified as a LAMS bike.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Actually that's my only other gripe with it. The gearing could be a bit taller for highway work.

Or give it another gear.
  11. I just bought one too bojo. I start riding mine tomorrow and it also has some nice V&H pipes. Lets compare notes after a few rides. Congrats on the purchase mate.
  12. P1010086.JPG

V&H Cruiser exhaust, footboard forward extensions and made my own seat.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Very nice bike mate. I was just commenting on the WW tyres this morning when a black XVS650 pulled up outside my shop with them on it. I think I'll go that way when the time comes for replacements.
  14. [QUOTE="TwiceShy
    V&H Cruiser exhaust, footboard forward extensions and made my own seat.[/QUOTE]
    Hi Eric, you've been quiet lately. How have you been ?
  15. gday Steve, been clocking up the klms with a SMC from this side of town. Got 35k on the yammy and 33k on the suzi lol, not bad for just over a year
    • Like Like x 1
  16. yes Brand the vstar classic look is really set off with a nice set of white walls, I should have incl a pic of opp side as I have a neat swingarm bag fitted now too.