Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha XVS 650 ..Thoughts

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by biker one, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Hello,
    I looking to purchase a cruiser.
    I have been looking at the Suzuki Boulavade C50 and also the Yamaha
    XVS 650.
    Most of my riding will be local and day trips on week-ends with a planned long ride evry now and again.
    I'm also planning to do a trip in February for a period of two weeks for a distance of about 2000 klms.
    I really like the look of the XVS 650...would love some feedback on what you think of this bike for doing long distance?
    I'm sure the C50 would be just fine, but I keep tending towards the XVS 650.
    Any help / advice would be great.
    biker one.

2. G'day .

I looked at all the middle weight cruisers read 1000 reviews and if you can get the C50 ,get it .
    It Win's all the reviews and tests ,well maybe not the C50 ,but the M50 like mine does :LOL: ,but it's the same bike just in different clothes.

Shaft drive ,EFI ,800cc.
    What I have found ,is you will want more power after 1 months with all the middle weight cruisers ,so if you get the 800cc C50 ,you will have 2 months before you want to up grade. :cool:
    And when it comes down to it ,it's like $500 more then the 650 yami.

Not sure why you want the 650 ?? looks ? comforts? all these do matter .
    But if you worried about the extra weight or the 800 being faster or to much to handle ,???
    With these cruisers 5 minutes on the seat and you will be ready to ride across the country.
    The C50 is twice the bike ,the 650 yami is.
    BUT saying all that ,pick the one you like the most ,it's your bike.

Either way ,you will have a ball on both. :grin:
  3. Pirtek888 had one, he posted up last night elsewhere, thought he'd see this. He really enjoyed it as a stepping stone to his BIG Vulcan

He's a big guy, we went away and with luggage the 650 wasn't that snappy overtaking.

Sled knows the Suzi's, but have you thought of the VN900?
  4. I think you are right the C50 is the way to go.
    I was down at Team Moto Sandgate Road Virginia last week-end and they are selling the C50 for 10,490 ON ROAD, it was that price plus O/R.
    That makes the C50 even better.

I have looked at the Vulcan 900 and I do like it...the only thing that stops me is the extra $$$ for this one...but I do like it.