Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha Warrior

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by bkdu, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Hi all

Well, I finally decided to give up "normal" bikes and go to the (dark) cruiser side. The model I want is a Yamaha Warrior (XV1700), preferrably 2005.

Anyway, just found this one available ... but it's in Brighton, VIC ... I live in Queensland.
    Waiting on seller reply to have an initial chat, but pending that being positive I was wondering if anyone on here would be willing to check out the bike on my behalf ... for compensation of course. Anyway, would need someone who knows what they're doing ... appearance & general condition, take for test ride ... engine, gearbox, etc.
    Like I said, am willing to pay for your time and efforts ... if the seller gets back to me and they still have it, I'd definitely be interested. Seems a fair price for age etc ... rather than the usual Warrior adverts with optimistic prices because there aren't too many in the country.

Well, if your interested & willing, PM me. But please only reply if you can give an educated opinion of the condition of the bike.

PS to admin: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum ... wasn't quite sure where to put it.

2. Good luck with the purchase...I like the Warriors too, nice bikes ;)
  3. There are a few bike stores/mechanics in Brighton. You could arrange a presale check through one of them.
  4. Thanks ... will check them out :)

Pretty much have my decision made that I want one ... just have to find the "right one" :)
  5. Been searching Youtube quite a bit yesterday for videos ... what a sound ... drool :)
  6. Hello Mr Yamaha Warrior,

If your interested I am selling a 2006 midnight black warrior in Sydney. The 2006 was the very last of the warriors sold in Australia. It is the same as the 2005 with the addition of braided brake lines, five spoke alloy wheels.....

The bike is from Queensland with over 10,000km of it's 12,000km has been done out of Cairns in the FNQ!

Let me know if you need any details.

7. Hi David

Like my new title :)

Might be interested ... depends on whether we agree on a fair sale/purchase price. Also, is the bike stock, any extras? Full service history? What's the condition of the belt (I understand they're not cheap to replace)?

Will send you a PM with my mobile number ... perhaps give me a call sometime tomorrow?