Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha vmax 1700

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by vmaxer, May 20, 2011.

1. Had a long overdue test ride on the VMAX 1700 at the Lake Wivenhoe Teammoto demo day on May 15th.

My oh my this bike is pure science fiction, like something out of a sperminator Schwarzenegger blockbuster movie...........one truly awesome motorcycle.

Pity Yamaha Australia are asking 32000$ for a bike available in the USA for less than 20000$. Am I buying one............NO WAY at 32 grand ! ! Bloody crying shame ! !

2. Almost sounds worth the effrort to import and compliance... ;)
  3. [​IMG]

Don't buy it if you can't afford it.
  4. Money is not the problem here, I REFUSE to pay what Yamaha want. Stick it -shove it - wedge it - ram it - clean up their robbing arses.

I am not interested in stepping on their toes..........I want to cut off their heads, take them out of my equation and import directly myself..........they make me puke.

5. So don't buy it. People whinge about prices and then pay it anyway. Vote with your feet, that will make them change their behavior.

The vrod is a bargain second hand for a power cruiser. The new diavel looks interesting though wouldnt call it cheap. Plenty of choices if you think one bike is too dear.
  6. Vmaxer, you've already started a thread on this issue please don't double up as we may have to lock both.