Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha Virago - starter motor trips fuse

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by OC1, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Left the Virago 250 in the garage over winter (battery kept power ok). Went to start it and something trips a fuse or something.

I leave it sit for 5 to 10 mins with ignition off - power back on - try to start - same thing happens (I assume it's a resettable heat fuse).

Push started it and runs fine. After going for a 1/2 hour ride it still happens.

Anyone know what may be causing it or able to fix (Albert Park Vic area)??

I also would not mind a cheap alarm..... any suggestions?
  2. probably stuck solenoid in the starter motor. not sure how hard they are to remove on the Virago but should be an easy fix if you can get the starter motor out
  3. Hi OC1 - did you end up resolving this issue? I have an SRV250 that's giving me grief with starting and I could sure use some ideas...

4. Resurrect old thread. I have the same dramas with an old SRV 250, and bike has been in storage. Starter motor sounds crook, have replaced the battery as well.
    Sometimes it turns over othertimes I just get a click.
  5. I had a similiar problem with my Virago, turned out to be the Stator, if that helps.