Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom - Picked up 21st April

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Lazy Libran, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Picked up mine yesterday evening around 5:30 (after all the paperwork and retrying some of the gear) and drove home which is about 35 kms away.

What a feeling!!

Only thing that was hindering this ride was the gloves. I bought DriRider waterproof gloves and found out along the way that they are still a little uncomfortable. As in I'm still not used to them. I might need to buy a simple thin leather gloves as well. Any suggestions re: gloves??

The weather was perfect for the ride home and and cant wait for more rides this long weekend! :)
  2. :worthlesspics:

gloves - i have a big set of dainese waterproof ones, they take a bit of getting used to but are great in crap weather and the cold.

i also have some standard leather ones, cant remember brand but they have tarmac iii written on them, picked them up at bikemart in ringwood for $55 i think, done their job well.

used to have a thin dryrider pair as well, but when i crashed last year i sent them to their grave. they were reasonable as well, though :)
  3. err, you RODE home which is about 35kms away :p

Congrats on the purchase, I'd persevere with the gloves, especially if you haven't been used to wearing gloves at all....
  4. I also picked up 'Chicane' leather gloves which are thinner (tho with knuckle protectors etc).

Here's a Pic of ma bike. Did about 500 km's during the long weekend driving around the area conditioning the engine.

5. One of us....one of us....one of us....!

Nice ride - if I DO say so myself :p
    Hope to see you at one of the Saturday beginner basics sessions! :)
  6. nice bike if i do say so myself ;)

What pipes are those i gotta set some pipes for mine later on ...
  7. cruisers rock :D
  8. Those are Vance & Hines Cruzers.

and Thanks! :p
  9. What are you rebelling against?
  10. Whadda ya got?

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk
  11. Whaddaya paying?
  12. Very nice bike!!!
  13. Thanks, Riderman :)