Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha TZR250 vs RGV250 ????

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by joshuaisme, May 5, 2005.

1. Hei,

Yes I have once again posted another query about what direction to take for a first bike but if you don't ask you don't know!

I have only just got my L's and know that the TZR 250 (91 model) and the RGV 250 are two strokes/kick starters but does anyone advise against getting either of these two strokes?

Not knowing a thing about mechanics and being new to bikes am I walking into a wall by purchasing a 2 stroke?

I have heard horror stories about them constantly (every couple of weeks) requiring maintenance repairs and being difficult to ride for learners. Is this true?

Although I am sure the CBR250RR and the ZX2's are great I would like something a little different and not feel like I am going to break the bank if I go dropping the thing. Knock on wood.

Thoughts more then welcome!

cheers

Joshua

2.  Top