Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha Scorpio

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Storm Rider, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howdy all,

Was driving past my local yamaha dealer and noticed a nice shiny new bike sitting out the front.... thought to myself, its a bit small for anything Yamaha normally sells.... turns out to be the new Scorpio... its a learner legal (in vic anyways...) bike, in the same vein as the CB250f...

Just wondering if anyone has ridden one, seen one, heard anythign about them??

I figured 4.5k brand new is pretty impressive.... cheaper than anything else in the market....
  2. What would you like to know? There's quite a few around here, they're a 225cc thumper, decent commuter, direct competitor to the likes of the GN250, but most agree a far better option. Apparently decent build quality. Drum rear brakes, like a lot of bikes in the price range. Physically seem a fair bit smaller than a CBF250, and not nearly as cool.

Also, they're only about 3500 NZD. NZ: 1 AUS: Eleventy billion.
  3. Hi Storm Rider,

There's been a couple of discussions about the Scorpio on the forums...

and here

Might be worth a read :grin:
  4. Was looking at this bike as a learner since it'd be a bit nicer than a scooter. But if they can flog it for less than $NZ4000, why is it so much more in Australia? Extra duties or anything? Would dealers be prepared to go lower than RRP?
  5. Thats what I want to know! Probably because the market can sustain a higher price in Australia due to a bigger demand?
  6. Its the diff. market - suzuki still sells the GN250 here for like 3300, so the scorpio cant be too much more expensive, being basically a similar calibre of bike.
  7. It has a fuel gauge!!! And you can hoon around on it better than a CB250, VTR250, GN250 or any other. The damn bike is 124kg dry. That is nothing. The turning circle is ridiculous, you can literally steal a purse and ride off in a back alley with maniacal fits of laughter, if a truck pulls out in front of you just lowside and pick the bike back up and hoon off :LOL:
  8. My 400cc thumper weighs less than that :grin:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.