Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha Recall

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Meph, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Please Delete/Move if its been covered or in the wrong category

from http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recall_detail.php?Recall_ID_Auto=15112

Product Make: Yamaha

Product Model: MT-01 (T&V)

Target Number: 276

Model Years From: 2005 & 2006

Campaign Number: MT/SA

VIN Range: RP122-000003~RP122-000438

Product Info: Model: MT-01 (T&V).

Defect Details: It is possible that the rear suspension may collapse during riding due to the bearing installation part of the suspension arm breaking. It could become damaged by a stress corrosion crack that is caused by a remaining stress at the bearing press filling part and a corrosive attack on the surface of the stressed area by a corrosive agent such as that which is used to melt snow.

Consumer action: Contact your local Yamaha dealer

Just an FYI
  2. seen this a while ago but thanks again for the info...
    am i the only one who rides a MT01 in netrider??
  3. Well you're certainly the only one who has come out and said so :)

Have you done an extended ride report yet???
  4. ummm was i ment to?? :shock: :oops: :oops:

well ill give it a shot now then
    done 1300ish k's now and bike is still awsome to ride... no problem at all still playing around with the suspension as it seems to drift frount end but then again it could be me trying to ride it like my 600 gsxr... so with a little touch of rebound and its coming nicely..
    im getting around the 220mark on fuel before the lights come on
    and getting another 30k before fully dead.... (had a small jerry can to get moving again)
    excellent bike for 2 up but the person has to be in the 150cm or shorter bracket... rear pegs are not for the tall people
    havnt seen top speed yet but after second service we will see lol :LOL:
    now i have done my little write up im off to bed

5. I have an Mt-01

dam brilliant, if it's your thing.....
  6. from http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recall_detail.php?Recall_ID_Auto=0000001

Product Make: Yamaha

Product Model: All models

Target Number: 250,000+

Model Years From: 1970 to 2007

Campaign Number: MT/SA

VIN Range: 00000-000003~99999-000438

Product Info: Model: All models

Defect Details: It is possible that riding any of these bikes will lead to a depleted libido, and make you appear feminine, or if a female, butch.
    The cause is probably a defect during manufacture, where a tuning fork style badge is affixed to your motorcycle.

Consumer action: Contact your local Yamaha dealer for a full refund, or to slap them with a wet fish.
    The Consumer ombudsman recommends you purchase a Kawasaki as soon as possible to reverse any negative effects of Yamaha ownership.

Regards, Andrew.
  7. haha ill give ya that one :LOL: :LOL:
    but im yet to have any of those effects.... but i would slap a yamaha dealer with a fish and post it on you tube just for laughs haha
    unless they give me some cheap pars.... :LOL: :LOL:
    watch out.... its slapping season
  8. [​IMG] typhoon

Good effort. [​IMG]

9. Noted.