Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha R6 2007 Indicator Stalk Size

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by wil55n, Jul 27, 2011.

1. If I wanted to replace the side indicators on my 2007 R6, would I be able to use any 10mm diameter stalk or should I find a specific size just for the R6?

2. Get the flushmount indicators, looks heaps better
  3. Would they require drilling into the fairing or chassis to mount them?
  4. Nope not at all, once u take the stalk out, u will be left with a hole in your fairings, the flushmount fills that hole
  5. Thanks for the information.
    I'll see what I can find about them and see if I'll go down that route instead.
    I assume I'll still need to know the proper thread size? Or do flushmoutns have some universal fitting mechanism?
  6. Very simple install, the stalk goes into the hole and you screw a nut from the back of the fairing, the nut sits flush with the fairing and that's what holds it in place, I also recommend getting a proper wiring harness for the new blinkers so u don't cut the wires
  7. I'll have a look when I get home, on the iPhone at the moment

8. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aero-LED...orcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fc0ae62a

Dont need wiring harness with these, already supplied

cause these are LED's u will need a flasher relay

on that page also

9. get them from ratedr parts. steve is a stand up guy, he will sort you out for a flasher relay as well
  10. I agree. Rated R parts are awesome. I ordered a few bits off them last week. Only took 2 days to arrive as they were sent via express post. Then when I had questions I emailed them. always got a response in less than half hour! Not bad for customer service.

I purchased a set of flushmount indicators from the USA (still waiting for them to arrive), but ended up stumbling on to the ratedr ebay store. Seen the aero LED indicators and decided to buy those and fit them instead.

It says if you hook the indicator up and it doesnt flash, swap the wires around inside the plug on the indicator. I just used a screwdriver to push the wires out.

Just be warned though. These things are almost impossible for cars to see during the day time. So you need to be cautious. They are small, and cars just dont see you indicating.

They look pretty good. Makes the bike seem more streamlined.