Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha R15 Flat Rear Tyre

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by Paulioxd, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Hey guys!
    I've encountered my first flat tyre on my Yamaha R15 v1 and I can't really go to any tyre shops/bike workshops.

Can anyone help? I'm looking for a 100/80-17 tyre. Or is there another size that I can use?

Paul :)

2. Take a picture of the hole and we'll be able to tell you if it's a simple repair with a standard plug kit. Even if you get a tyre, you'll still need to fit it which can bit a bit of a PITA without the right tools. Does it even have a hole or is the valve leaking (which is even easier to fix).
  3. There's definitely a hole, I'll go take a picture right now
  4. Here's a picture of the hole where the air is escaping
  5. Can't see anything in picture.
  6. Stick to the standard size tyre for your bike!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I circled where the hole is :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. That looks like a big cut, can't fix that mate
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. I'm taking it to a tyre place tomorrow to see if they can do anything. My dad reckons they can fix it. Wish me luck!

Unfortunately I don't exactly have the money right now for a new tyre :(
  10. Can fix breached tyre? = no
    Is that a breach?= who the fark can tell
    What tyres are on this rim? = I'm scared
  11. Update! Plugged the puncture in my tire by a professional and I'm planning to replace them in the next week or so :)
  12. Hi Paul,
    Sorry for the late response. Glad to hear you got it fixed and that you're back on the road. Don't stress too much about the plug until you can get the tyre replaced but don't get setting any land speed records either as they can dislodge at high speed.

Either way, great to hear your back on the road.