Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha R-125

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by MrtypeR, Sep 3, 2009.

1.  Top
  2. There's been news on this for over a year. Yamaha has so far been reluctant to import it. Probably because of our vehicle tastes and driving style.

Maximum power at 9000rpm? That suggests around 17hp. Either way its a very basic engine design. I doubt its going to cost 7k. I love the way it looks tho.

3. It looks good, but no thanks.

I'll keep on praying for the return of 400cc sportbikes instead.

4. Cb400 with fairings...mmmm

5. And a 20kg diet :LOL:

6. Like I said in another thread, it'd be a hoot if they shoehorn their 250 or 450cc dirt bike engines into it!

So yes, bring back the 400 bikes!

- boingk

7. ive got a test ride on one of these coming up in a few weeks.. as soon as the demo model comes in.
    will be interesting to compare my cbr125r against this yzfr125.
    but yes, i think we are all agreed, bring back the 400s :biker:

8. [​IMG]

^ This is why it'll cost 7K. They'll be happy to pay it. Its a poser bike. If you look quick you could mistake it for a 600.

And thank fcuk cos it means the end of 6K cbr's with tyga kits.

9. People will pay $7k for that for the same reason that people pay $5k - $6k for a 20 year old CBR250RR. It looks better than a VTR250.

10. or you could pay $8k for a ninja250r which is a great little bike.

11. I think the advertiseing department got payed more than the engineering department for that one :LOL: I'll pass I think.

12. They certainly look a lot more aggressive than the cbr125, although i wouldn't use it anywhere my pushbike couldn't take me anyway...

I wouldn't need to bother with putting all my gear on that way either..

13. They referred to it as a supersport in the ad. :eek: :shock: I thought supersport = 600.

14. Haha Supersport?
    If all it takes is 17HP to be a supersport then my Madass should be selling for a lot more than it is.
    This is a poser bike, nothing more.

15. I'd wait and see how the thing handles before everyone writes it off as a poser bike. Sure it might be a bit wimpy in the power department, but if its got good running gear then it could still be a hoot to ride.

But, as everyone can see from my $3k RS125 and $2k GS850, I'm not exactly going to be fronting up to pay the premium to ride one...

- boingk

16. Does have fuel injection, which the Ninja & CBR125R do not(?) and the VTR will only start to have this year.

17. Probably. Its in an efficiency-oriented market.
    The CBR125R has fuel injection, as does the European Ninja 250R. We get jibbed on the Ninja for some reason.

18. To keep costs down!

19. when i was at the Sydney motorcycle show (twice) last year, had a few mates working the Yamaha stand, they said they had so much interest in the bike it wasnt funny so i think it will be a seller

[​IMG]

20. ive course it will sell, look at it, people pay upwards of 5k for a cbr250. whcih looks better this or the cbr? i used to be in the same boat i wanted a 250 that looked good but would never have paid more than 5k for one.

I ended up righting my 4000 grand zzr of, which didnt have comp. I would have necked my self if i wrote of a 7000 bike with no comp. And anyway for another 1200 i could by my current bike. its pathetic.

But you know what they say about a fool and his money.