Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha pulling out of WSBK

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by goz, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Just heard on the radio that Yamaha are pulling out of WSBK, this year will be the final year

2. that's a surprise. Did they say why?
  3. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  4. Just read this on-line

I can only think that they want to put more money and resources into MotoGP.....
  5. which is a bit strange, as you can pretty much go and purchase a WSB bike off the showroom floor, but you can't with a MotoGP bike. Not sure how it is in the rest of the world, but it doesn't help them when it's only available in is Aus on foxtel.
  6. Heres hoping Malandris Mrs hangs around,she will be missed
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Internationally, sportsbike sales have dived, maybe there isn't a case for flow-on sales of production models any more?
    Yamaha are in a dire situation with their finances at present. I've no doubt that has something to do with it.
  8. Even in Oz you can live stream it for free.
  9. I wonder if they will pull out in a similar that ducati has.
  10. I'd rather they pulled out of Moto GP and got more serious with Superbike but that was never going to happen :(
  11. a man can dream...
  12. That was a shonky deal if ever there was one. Ducati's WSBK team was never a full factory effort and most of their riders didn't know or understand how it was actually run. Dennis Noyes did a brilliant piece exposing this and how Motogp's current owners used their relationships to try and scupper the WSBK effort.
  13. On that, Checa's bike is still an unofficial factory bike that isn't really fooling anyone. Also, I read a piece about dorna looking to buy out WSBK.

Do you have a link to the Dennis Noyes thing?