Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha Product History

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by pete the freak, Jun 2, 2006.

1. This one's a doosie for Mr Hornet.

Was just browsing the Yamaha website and found this link:

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/product-history/mc/index.html

It's a run down of the development of Yamaha motorcycles from the 50's until today. A brief spiel on each model of note (bastards didn't include the SRX250 though...).

Well worth a gander if you're into the history of Jap bikes...

2. Hey Pete, one of my assorted ex-wives had a 1985 SRX250, a red one. It was a really nice little bike that handled a lot better than you would think. It did have a bad habit of warping front discs though, I put 3 on it in less than 2 years.

3. Discs or wives?

4. Thanks, Pete, but WHAT A RIP-OFF, no RD-series, or at least I didn't find them :cry:

5. only yamaha would call a model of bike 'the carrot' :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

6. Don't let's start on bike names, then
    What about the Hodaka Combat Wombat, or the Dirt Squirt??

7. I want one of those ya-1's they look cool.. little and probably not powerful enough to carry me at any great speed but still so damn cute!!!!

8. The 80's were an interesting period - a time when 4-stroke 250s were just as powerful as the fastest 2-strokes. Makes me wonder what the Japanese manufacturers might have been capable of had the government not imposed that 40ps limit.