Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha pillion pegs - what thread size?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by cybermike, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Hi there, I have a Yamaha AG200 with a threaded hole on each side for foot pegs. The EBayed ones I bought meant for Yamaha are have 10mm diameter studs which is too small. I've since tried common bolts - 12mm will go in only part a turn. If the pegs I was sent have the correct tread pitch - Yamaha mustn't take the common metric or imperial stud diameter &/or thread pitch you would find at hardware stores.

Anyone here know the stud size & thread pitch required for this bike? If I can get bolts to suit, I'll reto-fit the pegs with them.

2. Do you have the old ones?
    If you do take them in somewhere (bolt nut etc supplier etc) and have them measured.
  3. No old ones - just new ones that don't fit :(
  4. Go to a decent fastener place with your bike and you'll be able to try the bolts to find out what it is. There are some unusual variants of metric bolts in larger sizes. For example 10mm come in 1.5- coarse/standard, 1.25- fine, and 1.0- extra fine thread pitches. Yours will probably turn out to be 12mm alright, but a different pitch to what you were supplied. 12mm comes in1.75, 1.5 and 1.25 pitch.
    • Like Like x 1