Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha or Bolwell

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by LabRat, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Hey :)

I'm a newbie looking to get my first scooter! Am living in Melbourne and will mostly commuting down to the city by bridge road but I'm looking for something that could hit 70-80km/h comfortably. I'm female at 5'2 and loving the classic look. How important is it that you have to be able to put your feet flat on the ground? I've narrowed down the list to a yamaha vino 125cc or a bolwell mio 100 or bella 125. Any feedback on these models will be much appreciated :)

2. I forgot to mention that my budget is $5k.
  3. The only experience I've ever had on any of those was a Bella 125. My suggestion would be to see if you can test ride them and see which one you like best.
  4. bolwell got new 4 year unlimited km's warranty now...
    yamaha is better made, but only 1 year warranty i think....
  5. definitely get out there and have a sit on all the scoots you like. Try and take all for a test ride. That will very quickly tell you which one is for you.

While your at the dealer checking the scoots out, also ask the dealer about the service schedules because these can differ a lot between the makes. For example, i believe Bolwell requires a service every 4,000km which could be pretty regularly if you use the bike every day. Whereas most of the European scoots have much better intervals like 12,000km for most Aprilias. Factor these service costs into your decision as well. Its not all about that initial outlay cost.
  6. Have a look at the Bolwell HD200. I know its a bit higher than your budget for a new one, but you may find a decent second hand one within your price range. I know not long ago someone in the city was doing them for $4900 ride away brand new. :shock:
  7. i have a bowell gypsy. i think i have a made a great decision on what i bought.