Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha Majesty Windshield

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by kdpeffley, Oct 2, 2012.

1. I have a Yamaha Majesty 400. While it has a windshield, it's a bit short, and the wind whips around my head, causing lots of noise. I'm getting ringing in my ears, and I don't want to go deaf. I'm thinking about getting the Yamaha touring windshield, which would add another 5 inches (12.7 cc) to the windshield height. Dimensions are 29" H, 27" W (73.66 cc X 68.58 cc). I'd like to know if anyone has purchased this windshield and whether it will really cut down on the wind noise. Here's the link to the windshield I'm considering. Thanks for your help.

2. If you want to cut down on wind noise, use ear plugs.
  3. Speak to eagle screens.. they have plans for touring windshields for your scooter.. will be cheaper and more options than buying a yami one.
    Australian company.. and im very happy with the touring screen i got for my bike..
  4. @ PEEair, I do wear earplugs, but the design of the windscreen for the Majesty causes the wind to slap against my helmet, which causes lots of noise, especially going over 40 mph (64 kph). This makes it very uncomfortable riding on the highways. The touring windscreen is another 4" higher than the stock windscreen. BTW, I'd like to start another thread on earplugs. Let me know what kind you use.

@ Portagrug, thanks for the tip on the Eagle windscreens. Since they're made in Australia, my guess is that postage and time to deliver would be an issue for me. I did go ahead and order the Yamaha windscreen from Amazon.com. A bit cheaper than MSRP, but not much.

Thanks, both of you, for your help.