Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha is Yellow

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by rc36, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Yamaha will be racing in a new livery this weekend at Laguna Seca. The yellow colour scheme is a harking back to the 70's and the era of "King Kenny" who came to Europe as unknown American and won 3 successive 500cc World Titles, 1978-80

These were the colours used by Aussie Kel Carruthers as a racer late in his career and also as Team Manager for Roberts's 3 World Title years.

www.sarodibartolo.it/ kennyroberts.htm

It's a great colour scheme IMHO.

2. loooove the yellow scheme, reminds me of the Valentino inspired sun/moon color scheme on the R6.

3. Well, that was one of the reasons for choosing it, apart from the fact that it was Yamaha America official colours. Yellow is Vale's favourite colour anyway.
  4. Love the yellow colour scheme because it reminds me of Kenny Roberts, the upstart Yank who went to Europe with cries from the Europeans of "Oh it will take him years to get used to riding in Europe". Three consecutive world championships later they were a little quieter. (Of course, having Aussie Kel as his team manager certainly helped; he'd been there for years and knew the ropes)
    If I bought a Yamaha today, I would have it painted just like this!
  5. Old school is new school. Cool. 8)
  6. Kickin it Old School.

The new paint job looks awesome. Should equal about minus 15 seconds a lap to Valentino times and plus 5 for Edwards. :p

This is now two teams running different liverys for the Laguna Round. Suzuki has switched to a nice dark blue Red Bull sponsership for this round, but I actually prefered the old White,Blue livery more.
  7. Very sexy!

Here's to Edwards kicky some Italian Ass!