Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha FZX250 Zeal

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Petie, Dec 30, 2005.

1. I just bought a Zeal and i'm very happy with it.

I'm tall and skinny, just over 6ft and the bike fits me like a glove. I tested or at least sat on just about every 250 I could find and for some reason the Zeal just felt right.

If anyone else has a Zeal i'd be keen to hear your thoughts.

I'm also looking for any service manuals or other supporting info on the bike, so far I haven't been able to uncover anything but the search goes on.

Here's the bike:

And Lastly, I'm looking for a recommended service center, i'm based in Melbourne CBD but am willing to travel if it means finding someone who'll do the right thing.

Rock on.
  2. Congratulations Petie, that's a great buy at the price you got it for! How's the drop damage?

All I know about the Zeal is that Yamaha stopped making them because they were too high-tech and expensive to make for the price they were getting for them. So I'd say it'll be quite a nice little ride for you!
  3. Congrats, They are a great bike. My wife had one for a year or so when she was still on 250's. Damn excellent, and I still consider it the best 250 available. Still have a bikini fairing sitting in the garage for it too I think :)
  4. IS this a Yamaha version of a Hornet?

COuld some one give me an idea of a comparison between these 4 cyl and bikes like the VTR V twin?

Obviously at high revs the 4 is heaps more powerrful, but does this mean yopu have to ring it neck every time you ride just to get going?
  5. Yeah, nice pickup.. I had one till I pranged it.

I had to get mine serviced at Sumoto cos nobody else would touch it.
  6. Most of the drop damage you wouldn't even notice unless pointed out, a couple of shallow dents here and there but nothing serious. The only concern is a crack in the top housing, this has had some attention and looks contained.