Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha FZX250 Zeal Fuel Q'

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Zealadin, Feb 28, 2009.

1. I've been having issues with my Zeal lately, and I took it in for a tune after doing other work to it to save a bit of money.
    (Checked/replaced fuel lines, fuel filter, oil, oil filter, spark plugs, put on a new undamaged exhaust)
    Anyway when I took it to be tuned the guy asked what fuel I used to which I replied I generally use the shell premium.
    I was told to totally avoid shell for the bike, which I can understand since the fuel I have been getting lately has been terrible, and I've been avoiding it anyway.

However I was also told that the zeal can't handle premium fuel?
    I've pretty much always used it, just because of the extra kick and just thought this seems a bit strange, can anyone with experience or knowledge of zeal's shed some light on this issue.
  2. I had a Zeal and just ran normal unleaded. Why waste money on the good stuff?